Monday, July 9, 2018

Community College

Yesterday was a good day!

During this summer break, Lucy has been taking fast-track classes at Cedar Valley College. She completed a 3 credit Comp 2 class in May, just finished a 4 credit Biology course, and for July she is tackling a 3 credit Art Survey class. By taking these classes she saved us over $7,000 and she has enough credits to put her half-way through her sophomore year at UArk. I'm very proud of her!!!

We fought often as I nagged her to work on her Comp homework and I only grew angrier during the first week of Biology--maybe because I was very manic--but when I finally backed off she took over and completed all her assignments, met in a study group after class, and ended up with a high B in the five week class.

Since she is an audible learner, attending a class lecture works best for her, but her art class is on-line and there is not an audiobook for her art text books so I am reading them to her. Yesterday we worked on vocabulary without any arguments and her patience with me kept me calm and agreeable. Anytime I don't lose my temper and get frustrated is a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment