Thursday, July 5, 2018

Real Good Days!

The last few days with my family has been really great. On July 3rd, my husband had tickets to the Rough Riders minor league baseball game for his office and their families.

Frontotemporal degeneration symptoms include apathy and withdrawal from social situations. This is me to a tee. I hate going out. I mean, I don't hate the concept of going to the movies, or going out to eat, or going to a baseball game; but when the time comes to get dressed to leave all desire to go is gone. Anyway, my husband added a little guilt when I was complaining about not wanting to go to the game. He was right, I needed to go and get out of the house. We had a really great time and stayed till the 7th inning.

Yesterday, we (Lorne, Lew, and I) got the house ready for our house guests: Mia and Mai Mai, two more boxers. Yep, tomorrow and for the next three (3) weeks we will have a six (6) boxers competing for love and attention. After I had an anger melt down, I went back to the front room and Lucy and I watched a Meg Ryan marathon and watched City of Angles, Sleepless in Seattle, and Harry Met Sally--which was her favorite.

Today, I took Lucy to school (she got a 102% on her biology lab test) and then Lorne and I went out to Tractor Supply for fencing materials to keep Mai Mai from jumping our fence while I'm dog sitting. Just being a couple, even if only shopping, was wonderful. And to end the day, my son called to say he loved me. 

I am very lucky to have the family I have, and I love them very much. And to top it off, I even like myself today, too.




No comments:

Post a Comment