Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Temper Tantrum

Yesterday, I got rid of about 20 children's books with accompanying stuffed animals. I loved, loved, loved these books. Paddington, Corduroy, Grover, Clifford, Biscuit, Pigeon & Duckling, Piggy & Elephant, and many more.

I had planned and really wanted to film myself reading the books before I sent them away, but I didn't. I wanted to, but I didn't. I wanted my family to help motivate me to do it, but instead of asking nicely or waiting for them to want to do it, I got mad. I mean really mad and blamed them for not getting it done. This was unfair to them. It was my fault, mostly.

It's easier to blame them for my apathy. When I need to get something done, I have to do it right then or the urgency passes and I stop caring about completing that task... or anything really.

However, the relief I felt after I mailed the packages to a teacher I know will love the books and use them in her classroom was like a huge burden lifted from my shoulders. I wish I had done this years ago, but letting go was very, very hard. I wonder why? It's just stuff. Stuff my family doesn't want... or need.

Anyway, once I know my books were received, I am going to ask that the new owners record videos of the books. Seeing others appreciating them will make giving them away worth while.

No comments:

Post a Comment