Tuesday, July 10, 2018

TMS Syndrome

Good morning... and it actually is. Maybe because I've deciding to do something about my TMS.

TMS stands for Too Much S*!# Syndrome. Last night I was trying to clean out and delete documents in my email boxes from 2008. Can you believe it? Stupid stuff that has no relevant reason to keep in the event that my computer would go faster. Well, the faster computer didn't work because the problem is my slow internet provider (net neutrality didn't help either); however, it felt good to get rid of things that really don't have a purpose in my life anymore.

One of the emails I found was saved from a really old blog that I'd long deleted long ago. On those entries I reviewed the books I read. I used to put my opinions of books I've read on this blog when I first started it. So what I'm going to do is go through and retype what I'd wrote so many years ago. This has two important benefits for me: first, it will help me remember things I'd once forgotten, and second, I will be able to gauge if my writing has improved over the last ten years.

I'm lucky that even though my memory and reading comprehension are starting to slip the part of my brain that expresses itself through writing is still in tact and for that I am truly grateful because restarting my blog entries has been therapeutic for me.

After completing my writing tasks, I'm going to really challenge myself.

I have so much physical s*!# that I no longer need or use. My philosophy has always been "maybe my kids would want it," but that is a delusion. Why would my kids want a collection of small tin containers that I've collected over the years? It is funny that apathy is a symptom of frontotemporal degeneration, yet I'm unable to throw out stuff that I once found special--especially when I really don't care about it now.

So to help me with my crap hoarding problem, instead of saving it physically, I am going to videotape myself showing off each tin that I found out I had to buy. This serves two purposes: one, my children (and maybe grandchildren) can see the things I used to view as collectible objects, and two, I may finally be able to unclutter my life since I will link the video to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment