Sunday, June 7, 2015

LGBTQ

I saw this report on PBS. It supports what so many LGBT individuals have been saying for the past forever. That homosexuality is not a choice.

Over the years bipolar disorder has been studied and given legitimacy as a proven mental struggle and brain dysfunction. How lucky I am to be able to live in a more excepting society than had I been born fifty years earlier. Before mood swings were blamed on PMS, or nationality stereotypes, or whatever. I hope gender-identity continues to be studied, understood, and given the respect and acceptance it deserves.

I'm not saying LGBTQ's are mentally ill. I'm saying their feelings and behaviors are biological, and studies like these are important for everyone.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/biology-gender-identity-children/


No comments:

Post a Comment