Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Practice vs. Follow-through

Unlike many conservatives in my wonderful new state, I am grateful for Obama's Health Care Initiative. Without it, insurance companies in Texas would exclude me from obtaining health coverage. But, then again, I had health insurance with Kaiser in California and I think the work medical "PRACTICE" is the appropriate word with that particular insurance company.

Definition of practice: The actual application or use of an idea, belief or method as apposed to theories about such application or use.

Definition of follow-through: The act of continuing a plan, project, scheme, or the like to its completion. 

As I explained in a prior post about my brain surgery in 2012, I was misdiagnosed for over eighteen months, The doctors said I had allergies and asthma when, in reality, I had a brain fluid leak and my brain prolapsed into my sinus cavity. I thought this event would be the last of their incompetence.

I was wrong.

It took a Baylor medical professional to figure out a second medical condition Kaiser overlooked.

Upon my move to Texas I ordered my medical records from Kaiser. When they arrived I read through the lab reports. Every CBC blood test since 2007 came up abnormal. Every complaint I discussed with Kaiser doctors was essentially ignored because the doctors never followed through. 

After my first visit with a Texas physician, I found out I have perspicacious anemia. Within a week, I was scheduled me for a colonoscopy and endoscopy.The procedure proved my colon was fine, but my stomach has a colony of polyps building condos all over my stomach lining. This is a side affect of anemia.

The surgeon sent tissue samples for biopsy and they came back negative for cancer, thank goodness.

It is important for patients to protect themselves and be proactive in their health care. I trusted my health insurance medical professionals and they failed me. It is my sincere hope that everyone obtain copies of their medical records and lab reports. Don't let anyone, especially doctors, practice on you.







No comments:

Post a Comment