Tuesday, March 18, 2014

PRIMARY COLORS

I wrote the following poem for a an Equinox party one of my California critique buddies hosted. To me it expresses what life is like for a bipolar personality.

Red is...

Passion
Love
Heart
Blood
Hot
Spicy
Sassy
Selfish
Fire
Anger
Hate
Madness
Me

Blue is... 

            Jeans
Sky
Water
Ice
Cold
Weakness
Sadness
Self-pity
Therapy
Medication
Pain

Yellow is:

            Light
Sunshine
Smile
Gold
Happiness
Stars
Wishing
Fleeting

I’ve lost my yellow crayon.

Without it, I cannot draw a rainbow.
With my two crayons, I make purple and create a bruise.  
I hide it from the world, but it’s always there.
Mixing up the red and blue.  No yellow to prove it’s healing.
I hate blue, so I draw a river with my red crayon.
I want the river to flow until the blue is washed away…
Forever. 






No comments:

Post a Comment