Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Texas Migration – June 1st: Three-thirtyish

Relying on my pioneer ancestry, we persevered. Just as before, the two hour tide rolled in another crashing wave: our second blow-out.

This time, I was close enough behind the trailer to see the tread separate and roll off the tire. Amazingly, the treadless tire held as I drove like a mad woman, flashing my lights and honking my horn as I passed my husband, waiving my arms to get him to pull over.

Being godfather to a nephew who’s an Eagle Scout, my husband’s preparedness paid off because we had a second spare.

We prayed, crossed fingers, and rubbed chinchilla feet (since no rabbits were available) the final two hours to Flagstaff, AZ, and arrived around five-thirty in the afternoon. Never before had I been so happy to pull into a Walmart parking lot. There we replenished our stores with two new tires, a heavy duty tire jack, and two trailer batteries.


When we arrived at our campground, I was too exhausted to go to the steak house/dinner theater which resided inside the campground. However, Lucy and Lorne had a blast. (http://www.blackbartssteakhouse.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment