Saturday, August 16, 2014

Happy Birthday Sweet Fifteen ...






Fifteen years ago at 1:05 p.m. I gave birth to a beautiful, baby girl.



A child my husband and I waited, hoped, and prayed for for almost twelve years. She is a true miracle because her father, at twenty, had testicular cancer; while I, at twenty-six, went through early onset menopause.

I found out I was pregnant on Christmas Eve, but when I showed Lorne the beige pee stick as proof he wouldn't believe me. The following day, I took a second test and gave it to him for Christmas. He was still unable to trust our luck until the doctor confirmed the results at my first appointment.

I have and am amazed at how your mind works. You have a creativity and intuition that is second to none. And your compassion for others continues to make me proud. How blessed we are to have you in our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment