Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Program by Suzanne Young

Just finished reading The Program by Suzanne Young.  It was really great--no fabulous. Her writing is fantastic. The suspense drives the story. There were a few times when the plot makes it necessary for the main character, Sloane, to rehash some of the events she’s already shared, which I breezed over to get to back to the driving force of the plot, but those times were minimal. 

I believe The Program is meant to be a trilogy, like Matched by Allie Condie or The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.  The problem with trilogies for me is I never finish them. The second book never captures my interest enough to keep me reading—except Catching Fire made me too nervous in the first five pages which is why I stopped reading.


However, at the end of my copy of The Program is a sneak peak of the sequel, The Treatment, which peeked my interest enough to continue the journey with Sloane and James. 

I hope you join their plight and read the book, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment