Friday, August 1, 2014

Why Did the Armadillo Cross the Road?

The answer to this joke will not be funny to everyone, so I apologize, in advance, if my dark sense of humor offends you.

In my life, I've seen a lot of road kill. Even in California, we'd seen our share of deer, coyotes, opossums, skunks, raccoons, rattlesnakes, owls, and hawks, but never have I been compelled to pull over to the side of the road and snap a photo of a poor unfortunate animal soul. Nor have I ever been crass enough to make a joke out of the situation, but this time I had to make an exception.

My husband and I had never seen an armadillo and he joked that if I ever found a dead armadillo on the road (I know this sounds California hillbilly, right?) to bring it home and he would take it to a taxidermist. A year went by and I found no signs of any armadillo... until yesterday.

There was no way I was going to scoop the little guy off the road, load him in the truck, and bring him home to my husband. Instead, I snapped a photo of the little guy and sent it to my hubby with the second half of my riddle:

I don't know, he never made it.




RIP
Lil' Dillo

1 comment: