Sunday, May 17, 2015

A Christian Writer's Prayer

My Dear Father in Heaven,

I have the desire to kneel myself before you and, as you know, I’ve even tried. I don’t understand why the words refuse to come, so I will type them instead. 

I love you Lord and I know that Jesus Christ is your living and true son. I know that we are created after your own image and have been sent to Earth to live, learn, and grow. We are allowed to make choices based on our own free will.

I have been many places where I have felt your spirit. Whenever I see the glory of nature, whether it is at the beach as I hear the roar of the ocean and watch the waves as they crash upon the shore, or in the snow capped mountains, or the many wonderful places my husband has taken us, I KNOW YOU ARE THERE.

I have cried, being filled with the spirit of the Holy Ghost which you sent to confirm to me that you’re the GREAT I AM. I have felt your presence in a Jewish Synagogue when the Cantor sang at a cousin’s wedding; and at the LDS church whether I’m listening to a lesson or singing hymns of praise; and I’ve felt you touch my heart in other Christian churches to the point of overflowing. You constantly speak to me and I cannot deny that.

You have answered my prayers when I begged for another child to come into my life. You have answered my prayers when I asked you to guide my son in the decisions he makes in his life. And you answered the desperate prayer of a nineteen year old girl, when I begged for you to send me someone special. You sent me Lorne. He is a loving, kind, thoughtful, and devoted man. And every day, when he shows how much he loves me, I am astonished that you blessed me with someone so special (special not perfect—I’m not delusional.)

I believe in the scripture promises of Matthew 7: 7 and in Luke 11:9 - Ask and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock and it shall be opened unto you.

 And in  Mark 11: 23 and Matthew 21: 21 - For verily I say unto you, that whosoever shall say unto this mountain, be though removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he said shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Help me to live as in Proverbs 3: 5-6 – Trust in the Lord with all thine [my] heart; and lean not to thine [my] own understanding. In all thy [my] ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy [my] paths.

I know you have been the guiding force in helping me put words and ideas to paper. Luke 21: 15 - For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay or resist.

I pray that, as in Psalms 19:14 - Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.


My desire is to have my stories reach the people that they need to. My message is one of love, forgiveness, and family relationships. Please God, I claim this with all the conviction that your bible promises. If you can move mountains, heal the sick, part the sea, and help me with the littlest of problems like finding my keys, than I KNOW you can send my words to the readers who need them most.  

No comments:

Post a Comment