Friday, May 15, 2015

Who'll Stop the Rain?

Long as I remember, the rain been comin' down
Clouds of mystery pourin' confusing on the ground.
Good men through the ages tryin' to find the sun.
And I wonder, still I wonder, who'll stop the rain.

- Creedence Clearwater Revival 

Last weekend, Lorne spent an hour redirecting the flood waters. Here is an example of forty-feet trench he dug to protect our little garden.


This week, I thought I'd give him a hand and dig a trench to redirect some of the excess water flowing into our yard from an adjacent lot. This took me an hour: 


My trench is two-and-a-half inches deep by three feet in length.

Other than being a completely useless farmhand to my hubby, 
I will offer up the Texas soil as an excuse.

Since I have the strength of a gnat, I had to scrap the mud off of each shovel scoop. Before I began picking the clay off the shovel, I tried to push it off with my shoe. That created more problems than it solved. Within ten minutes, I no longer owned a pair of tennis shoes; they'd become Platform Soil shoes. My new mud lifts took me two inches off the ground.



No comments:

Post a Comment