Thursday, July 25, 2013

While the Cat's Away, The Mice Will . . . Read

My husband went to CA for an ERSI convetion in San Diego and Lucy, my soon-to-be-fourteen-year-old daughter, tagged along. What turned out to be a three day visit turned out to be eleven. The reason for their extended stay was a last minute doctor appointment at Kaiser.

During his check-up he was tested for sleep apnea, which I could have told them he has, and it turns out the his condition was one of the worst the doctor had seen. He ended up staying extra days so that they could fit him for breathing apparatus.

I stayed at home in TX to take care of my wonderful girls, our two boxers. While alone with the girl I read several books. They are:

1. Storyteller by Patricia Reilly Giff
2. The Edumacation of Jay Baker by Jay Clark
2. Hitler Youth: Growing Up In Hitlers Shadow by Susan Campbell Bartoletti
3. Just Write, Here's How by Walter Dean Meyers
4. Splendors and Glooms by Laura Amy Schlitz
5. Crazy by Amy Reed
6. Bomb: The Race to Build and Steal the World's Most Dangerous Weapon by Steve Sheikin

For those interested, I will provide my personal book reviews in the upcoming blogs. For those who frankly don't give a darn, it makes no difference to me. I write to challenge myself as a writer and not for anyone in particular to read.

P.S. I finally got a library card by lying about what city I lived in. My zip code is shared by another city just 2 miles on the other side of the freeway. When filling out my library card for the Cedar Hill City Library, I said I lived in the neighboring city and wallah I got to check out the books I'd tried to get three weeks before.

No comments:

Post a Comment