Thursday, June 19, 2014

Everything's coming up Texas...

I've never seen a place as "Staterotic" as the Lone Star State. Maybe, coming from California, my ideas would seem foreign to citizens here, but sometimes I feel like I'm on a whole different planet--don't get me started on open carry gun demonstrations on street corners. The Second Amendment is a topic for another blog post.

The point I'm trying to stress is the fact that Texans come first in Texas, which is the reason why my husband's company opened an office in this grand ole' state. People here support Texan products. Companies stamp the Texas logo or a Lone Star on everything. Here is an example:



Advertisers specifically mention Texas in television commercials.Even Dairy Queen ends their commercials with a jingle that says, "Dairy Queen... that's what I love about Texas."

News broadcasts throw in any correlation to the state in their stories. For example, CBS Station's President was at the Final Four basketball game when the announcement was released that Steven Colbert would replace David Letterman on Late Night.

The funny thing is "Statiortisim" is contagious. I'm starting to realize that I'm becoming contaminated with Texan pride, especially when I watched Matthew McConaughey give his Oscar acceptance speech for the Dallas Buyers Club.



Waffles at the Best Western 






No comments:

Post a Comment