Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Oh Christmas Tree

 As was our tradition in our California home, we planted our 2013 potted Christmas Tree--the first Christmas tree in our Texas home. Only, I planted the pine to soon and a wicked cold snap in February nearly killed the poor thing. I pleaded with God to save the little booger and, low and behold, new life grows green from the once brown, frozen branches. 

When we moved from our California house, we had to say good by to two 25+ ft plus trees planted in our yard twenty years earlier, along with several other pine trees from Christmas pasts. So, pray for our little Tannenbaum to grow strong and proud.

There are photos of our old trees in a prior blog.


1 comment:

  1. I'm praying fervently! I don't think I could have left those trees. Were you forced to move on pain of death? Just joking. Love this jaunty little post, Joanna! :-)
    I've subscribed to your blog although I'm not sure I understand how it works. So do you not want to add a 'subscribe to email' widget? It's so easy on Blogger...

    ReplyDelete